Hej!

Här diskuterar vi allt som har med smalspårigt modellbygge och förebilder att göra.
MaxG

Hej!

Inlägg av MaxG »

Hello Friends,

I just registered myself in this forum and i would like to introduce myself.

My name is Max, i am from Austria and i am a big fan of all narrow gauge railways.
Recently i have especially been interested in the swedish narrow gauge scene, and i am planning to build a smalll swedish layout, because i am fascinated by the swedish rolling stock and the marvellous landscape.
Since i don`t have a lot of infortmation about swedish narrow gauge railways i decided to register in this forum, maybe some of you can help me out with some information...

I hope you don´t mind that all my postings will be written in english, but my knowledge of the swedish language is very poor so far...

Bästa Hälsningar,
Max

PS: if anybody of you is interested in, or needs any information about austrian narrow gauge, please feel free to contact me!
bermod

Re: Hej!

Inlägg av bermod »

Welcome to this forum Max.
bermod
Göran T

Inlägg av Göran T »

Hello Max and welcome to Smalspårsfrämjandet!
Thank you for your commenting the pictures from my layout VWJ

I will hope that you find some hints and inspiration here in this forum. And feel free to ask. The discussion board and the members registered may seem rather few but many of the members and visitors are skillful and talented modellers with years of experience in the hobby.

Best regards
Göran Tholin
Kent R

Inlägg av Kent R »

Hello Max!

If You want to know more about history of Swedish Narrow Gauge perhaps this is a good place to start:

http://www.historiskt.nu/smalsp/smal_main.html (Copy and Paste)

A man called Rolf Sten has made a historical homepage covering almost every Swedish railwayline that once was privately owned. The link I've posted above will take You to the starting page for his link connection that will bring You further on to each underpage concerning the different companies. Use the upper red triangle in the list to see history and pictures showing Railway Stations, Rolling Stock and so on. If You go through this "Bible of historical Swedish railwaylines" I suppose You'll get to know a lot more about many things concerning both Swedish Narrow Gauge as well as the Normal Gauge.

I will pick out one Sample Railway that I think might be a good starter:

Järnvägar med spårvidd 1067 mm (gauge 1067 mm)

- - -

> Halmstad - Bolmens Järnväg, HBJ (2005-01-17).

This is a pretty large line, stretching from a big coast City (Halmstad) and cutting through to a smaller village (Bolmen) some miles into the country. If You find this "layout" interesting and want to discuss it further on maybe in this forum, just tell us "I want to know more about Halmstad - Bolmens Järnväg (HBJ) or need some help translating from Rolf Steens page" I'm sure You'll get some help here in this forum.

Good Luck!

P.S. Even if You´ll might experience some difficulties understanding what's written on this homepage due to Swedish - German translation I'm sure You'll find that
checking out pictures och Stations and Rolling Stock and so on is pleasant enough to fill up a lot of Your spare time.

Below You'll find some useful translations to the linking system on the actual page:

> Nästa sida (= next page)

> Snabbfakta (facts about HBJ)
> Karta Halmstad - Bolmens Järnväg (Map HBJ)
> Tidtabell HBJ 1917 (Timetable HBJ 1917)
> Tidtabell HBJ 1930 (Timetable HBJ 1930)
> Banprofil HBJ (Line gradient)
lenelg

Inlägg av lenelg »

Max,

In order to help you with "what's available"-type questions, it would be useful to know if you have decided on what scale and gauge you plan to work in, or if you want to go the other way, i.e. find out what is available in different scales and base your choice on that?

/Lennart
/ Lennart Elg
Sloat Lumber Co. - logging i On30"
MaxG

Inlägg av MaxG »

Hy guys!

Thank's for the warm welcome and the useful information you gave me so far!
I must say i have seen a lot of really excellent work!
I am really impressed by the quality of your layouts and your rolling stock!

Rolf Sten's website is really impressive, it must have taken him a lot of time and effort to set up a website with that much of information!
It will take me a lot more long evenings to get a good overview of all swedish narrow gauge lines ;-)

Well...i've been modelling austrian narrow gauge in H0e scale, and actually i am quite satisfied wieth H0e...
But i think swedish narrow gauge models are more common in H0n3 scale, am i right?
The only manufacturer of swedish rolling stock i know is Rimbo Grande.
From what i have seen Rimbo Grande models seem to be of excellent quality and very detailed!

Especially the electric railcars of the Roslagsbanan and the "Uddeholmaren" are very interesting!
But also the T2p diesel loco and the Np steam engine look beautiful!
Did these locos also run on the electric lines?

i have seen that some of you are building modules, is there something like a module club in sweden?
Which other manufacturers of H0e/H0n3 models are there?

Tack så mycket for your great help so far!

Hälsningar från österrike,
Max
Anders Johansson

Inlägg av Anders Johansson »

Hello Max,

I must say that I was smiling a little bit when I was reading Your first mail, " fascinated by the swedish rolling stock and the marvellous landscape".
I'm trying to travel to Schweiz or Austria every year because of the interesting narrow gauge rolling stoch and the marvellous landscape...

Anyhow, there are some other suppliers comming up, like HNJ-verkstad. They will supply us with some locomotives and railcars in a near future, also etched coaches from former GOSSV. http://www.hnjverkstad.eu
There is another small supplier, Skultorp Vagn och Lokverkstad http://www.svlv.se who have some models. It's close to Brimalm who also provide the market with ready to go models, like Tp and a planned steam locomotive.

I hope You have our magasine, Smalspårigt, where You can find reportages and ads for the suppliers.

So, hertzlich wilkommen in unser forum.
Anders
Anders_S

Inlägg av Anders_S »

Hello Max,
welcome to this Swedish forum.
There is some discutions to make a modulestandard for H0n3.
The most of the people who build modules here in Sweden are following a standard called MMM-Module and they build in H0.
Unfortunately there webpages is only in swedish language, but there is a lot of picture to look at.
Here are some links to this module clubs.

http://www.modulsyd.se
http://www.malarmodulmote.com/

I'm planing to build some modules in H0n3 wich year they will be finished I don´t know.

Best regards
Anders Svensson
Jolsen

Inlägg av Jolsen »

Hei Max
I take the case of answering å bit on the side. You ask abort modules in H0e or H0n30. In Norway we are some people building modules after a standard we have called “Frimo”. It’s really much the same as the Fremo standard, but are more “free” when it comes to what season to make, the color oft the landscape and so on - and the legs of the modules are 20 cm shorter. We meet ones a year for “trafikkspill”, social event etc! Next time is 17. - 18. April. You can find some more information about us and the module standard at: http://www.norskmjforum.no/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=36 (in norwegian unfortunatly).

Best regards
John Olsen
Skriv svar